This podcast is funded entirely by supporters on Patreon.
You can pledge as little as $1 a month to keep this podcast advert free.
– – –
Chad Fortenberry graduated with a degree in Fine and Performing Arts with emphasis in Theatre. He currently lives in Nashville where he continues to work in the entertainment and advertising industry. After college, Chad moved to NYC to pursue a career in acting and after several theatre productions and commercials, Chad picked up a camera and found a love of capturing an image. He pitched an idea to Improv Everywhere and filmed a prank in the Metropolitan Museum of Art where Chad dressed up like King Philip the IV who he bears a striking resemblance and signed autographs. Upon release, that video went viral with a count of over 1.5 million views. It can be found on YouTube and was also featured in the documentary on Netflix called We Cause Scenes. It lit the fire for Chad to pursue creating content as a career. After moving to Nashville, TN Chad continued to pursue his passion and most recently was the Director of Photography for Opry Entertainment which covers the Grand Ole Opry and the Ryman Auditorium. There Chad filmed and edited backstage content and original lifestyle content with country artists and some of the top artist in the industry. After leaving Opry Entertainment Hardee’s/ Carl’s Jr saw some previous work that Chad had completed and asked for something similar. Chad then was the co-writer, actor/singer, and producer for a holiday social commercial called What a Wonderful Life and has garnered over 2 million views on social media during its release. Chad currently works as Senior Video Production Specialist for HCA and is managing their creation and distribution of their digital video/photo content. Creating is his passion and no matter the medium or tools he uses to create, creating something out of nothing is fulfilling.
Connect with Chad on Instagram @chadwickelliott.
The video Chad mentioned signing autographs as King Phillip IV with Improv Everywhere.
The lamp Chad mentioned building during the episode.
Links from this episode…
- Improv Everywhere
- Google Art
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Austin Kleon on collaborating with his kids
- Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon
- Steven Soderbergh’s Unsane (shot entirely on iPhone)
- SXSW (South by South West conference)
- 3D Rendered IG Model @lilmiquela
- Battlestar Galactica
- Buckminster Fuller on human problem solving & livingry
We talk about…
- growing up making home movies
- solving creative problems
- flexibility in creativity
- creative collaboration
- intelligent curiosity
- 80/20 rule
- learning the basics and then trying something new
- editing films
- starting without professional gear
- experimenting and learning new techniques
- shortening attention spans
- technology in art
- distilling message
- advertising coming full circle
- isolation and over analyzing as a creative
- parenting & creativity
- fulfillment as an artist
- deciding when a work is complete
- discovery during the creative process
- resetting in nature
I hope you enjoyed today’s episode!
If you’d like to support Kindle Curiosity without becoming a patron you can subscribe, rate & review wherever you listen to your podcasts.