Photo by Linda Rosier
This podcast is funded entirely by supporters on Patreon.
You can pledge as little as $1 a month to keep this podcast advert free.
– – –
Meet Karuna Riazi
Karuna Riazi is author of middle grade fantasy The Gauntlet. She is a born & raised New Yorker, an online diversity advocate, and educator. Karuna is fond of tea, Korean dramas, writing about tough girls forging their own paths toward their destinies, and baking new delectable treats for friends and family to relish. Her dessert of choice is a lemon bar, which always promise a sharp zest of intrigue along with the reassuring sugar of a happy ending.
Karuna earned a BA in English Literature from Hofstra University.
In this episode…
- Salaam Reads
- Ma’amoul (date cookie) recipe
- Chenna Murki (sweet cheese) recipe
- Project STIR (my heirloom recipe blog tour)
- Cindy Pon on describing food in books
- Cake Literary
- L. M. Montgomery
- NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)
- Camp NaNoWriMo
- Spirited Away
- My Neighbor Totoro
- Star Wars
- Alfred Hitchcock
- BBC’s Pride and Prejudice
- Jane Eyre
- Princess Bride
- Akira Kurosawa
- Shirley Temple
- Anne of Green Gables
- Road to Avonlea
- Astonishing Color of After by Emily X. R. Pan
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
- Lips Touch by Laini Taylor
- Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
- The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma
- The Shadow Thieves by Anne Ursu
- The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas
- Children of Blood & Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton
I hope you enjoyed today’s episode!
If you’d like to support Kindle Curiosity without becoming a patron you can subscribe, rate & review wherever you listen to your podcasts.